[R] Relocating Axis Label/Title --2

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:52:45 CEST 2007

Apologies for the previous mail (I sent it off too early by mistake).
This is the correct example:

rm(list=ls())
D_mean<-seq(-5,5,length=100)
y<-exp(-D_mean^2/5)
pdf("my.pdf")
plot(D_mean,y,type="l",yaxt="n",lty=2,lwd=2,col="black",
ylab = list(expression(paste(dN/dlogD[agg]," ["*cm^-3*"]"))),
xlab = expression(paste(D[agg]," [nm]")),
cex.lab=1.2
)
axis(2, mgp=c(0, 0.2, -2))
dev.off()

With mgp() I can tune the distance between the ticks and the tick
labels, but how can I move the axis label? I would like to move the
one along y to visualize correctly the exponent "3".

Kind Regards

Lorenzo