[R] Need Help: Installing/Using xtable package

M. Jankowski mjankowski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:08:45 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Let me know if I need to ask this question of the bioconductor group.
I used the bioconductor utility to install this package and also the
CRAN package.install function.

My computer crashed a week ago. Today I reinstalled all my
bioconductor/R packages. One of my scripts is giving me the following
error:

in my script I set:
library("xtable")
print.xtable(....

and receive this error:
Error : could not find function "print.xtable"

This is a new error and I cannot find the source.

I reinstalled xtable with the messages below(which are the same
whether I use CRAN or bioconductor):

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Matt

> biocLite("xtable")
Running biocinstall version 2.0.8 with R version 2.5.1
Your version of R requires version 2.0 of Bioconductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies = dependenc
ies,  :
         argument 'lib' is missing: using '/home/mdj/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library
/2.5'
trying URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/xtable_1.5-1.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 134758 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 131Kb

* Installing *source* package 'xtable' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'xtable'
     Formats: text html latex example
  print.xtable                      text    html    latex
  string                            text    html    latex
  table.attributes                  text    html    latex
  tli                               text    html    latex
  xtable                            text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (xtable)

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpGThCuI/downloaded_packages