[R] need help with pdf-plot

Ivar Herfindal ivar.herfindal at bio.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 10 13:41:38 CEST 2007

Dear Antje

I cannot see that you have got any replies yet, so I will make and
attempt. However, I am sure other have more formally correct solutions.

When you call the pdf(), you can set paper="a4" (or "a4r" for
landscape). However, the width and the height of your plot should then
not exceed the size of the paper (which is approximately 8.27*11.69
inches for "a4"). Try (I have only tested on windows XP, R 2.5.0):

pdf("test1.pdf", width=10, heigh=5, paper="a4r")
par(mfrow=c(1,3), pty="s") #pty="s" gives square plotting regions
plot(rnorm(100))
plot(rnorm(100))
plot(rnorm(100))
dev.off()