[R] Subject: Re: how to include bar values in a barplot?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Aug 10 17:46:52 CEST 2007

Jim Lemon Wrote:

> I also greatly enjoyed Ted's rebuttal of the "Bar charts are
> evil and must be banned" argument. If bar charts are
> appropriate for the audience, give 'em bar charts. One great
> way to turn off your customers is to tell them what they can
> and can't do with your product.

I don't remember anyone saying that barcharts are evil or that they
should be banned (3-D bar charts and pie charts on the other hand ...).

I think that a variation on fortune(108) applies here.  While barcharts
may be appropriate for some audiences, it is also appropriate to educate
our audiences to better alternatives.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center