[R] kde2d error message

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 20:55:10 CEST 2007

If X or Y contains missing values, _you_ supplied missing values as the
'lims' argument and it will be those missing values that are reported.

I do not see how you expect to be able to do density estimation with
missing values: they are unknown and so no part of the answer is known. If
you are prepared to omit them, you can do so but my software (if this is
indeed kde2d from package MASS, uncredited) does not make such arbitrary
choices for you.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Jennifer Dillon wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to do a smooth with the kde2d function,

That is not what the only kde2d function I know of does.