[R] OT - use of R

Chung-hong Chan chainsawtiney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 06:38:44 CEST 2007

A quick search of google scholar found 2556 cites to the classic paper
by Ihaka et al.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=15992947024900415641

On 8/15/07, Andy Bunn <Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu> wrote:
> Hello, is there an up-to-date reference for how many people use R? I'm
> giving an R demo and want to cite wonderful R usage stats. How many
> people use it (or download it)? How often is R used in peer-reviewed
> pubs, etc. Is there any whiz-bang citation that says something like "R
> is great and developed by the best minds in statistical computing." Any
> thoughts?
>
> -Andy

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be
sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
Nikola Tesla
http://www.macgrass.com