[R] Independent Variable Rankings with MARS

sifter77 james.dardig at yale.edu
Wed Aug 15 20:43:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to extract MARS' component analysis from the model.
Essentially, for an input matrix where each row is a different device, and
each column is a different measurement, I'd like to know which columns were
selected as most important for making the model.

I saw the all.terms and selected.terms parameters in the model output and
documentation, but could not figure out how to map them to the columns of my
input matrix if they are in fact related to my question.

Would somebody with knowledge of the MARS model please help me?

Thank you.

~James