[R] to combine bwplot + srt option?

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Aug 16 12:16:20 CEST 2007

KOITA Lassana - STAC/ACE <lassana.koita <at> aviation-civile.gouv.fr> writes:

> Could someone help me to combine bwplot and srt option (exemple srt = 45
> degree or srt 90 degree)? My graphic contains 146 boxplots, I would like
> to label all of them. As you know, labels  are not readable.

You cannot, since bwplot is part of lattice and srt is standard R-graphics. I
agree, this can be very confusing, lattice was added later to R and I am happy
we have it now (thanks, Deepayan).

So when you see that the function you are using (bwplot) is documented under
lattice, always use the other options available in this package. These are
mostly documented under xyplot, which is worth a fixed link on the desktop.

Dieter

library(lattice)
bwplot(voice.part ~ height, data = singer,
       horizontal=FALSE,
       scales = list(x = list(rot = 45))) ##<< see xyplot