[R] use AnnBuilderSourceUrls with local path insted of ftp adress

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:39:32 CEST 2007

>I want to build my own GO package using the function GOPkgBuilder of
AnnBuilder. It uses AnnBuilderSourceUrls to collect data from different ftp
sites. These data are not complete for my organism, so I would like to change
the ftp adresses to a local one. The changing itself is working but when I run
the script I get the following Error:

>Error in loadFromUrl(file.path(sourceURLs[["EG"]], "gene2go.gz")) :
> URL /path/to/file/gene2go.gz is incorrect or the target site is not
>responding!

First of all, please post questions about BioConductor packages in BioConductor
mailing list instead of R.

Is /path/to/file a real local path? If so, you may also need to modify
GOPkgBuilder a little. Try to change the line

eg = EG(srcUrl = sourceURLs[["EG"]]) to
eg = EG(srcUrl = sourceURLs[["EG"]], fromWeb = FALSE)

>The full code of the script is this:
>
>library(AnnBuilder)
>list<-options("AnnBuilderSourceUrls")
>list$AnnBuilderSourceUrls$EG<-"/path/to/file/"
>options("AnnBuilderSourceUrls"=list$AnnBuilderSourceUrls)
>
>GOPkgBuilder(pkgName = "GO", pkgPath = ".", filename =
"go_200706-termdb.obo-xml.gz", version = "v.1.0", author = list(author =
"author", maintainer = "maintainer <main.tainer at mail.net>") )