[R] R mailinglist ETH website now with trusted certificate

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 21 11:23:29 CEST 2007

Some of you, notably I think users of MS Internet Explorer,
may be happy to learn that since yesterday,
the web server of the R mailing lists
    https://stat.ethz.ch/
now runs an ``official'' / trusted certificate as opposed to the
inofficial one ("Math deparment ETH") that we have had for years
instead.

In particular, this should make access to the (first but by far
not only) mailing list archives more convenient to you,
e.g. for this month, for R-help,
    https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2007-August/thread.html

In parallel, the R Foundation is getting (buying) certificates
for several R-project.org servers, notably also the subversion
(R source) server, and these will hopefully be put in place as
well with the next few weeks.

Martin Maechler,
ETH Zurich & R core