[R] Variable c and function c

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:07:05 CEST 2007

I have found the error in my script which was semi-automatically translated
from the other person's MATLAB code.

The error is that c was assigned a value inside a function.
That is the function body contained the following instructions
  c<-nw*czr
  d<-nw*cz
  rFren<-0.5*(abs((cz-c)/(cz+c))^2+abs((d-czr)/(d+czr))^2)
  firstguess<-c( 0,0,0,3,0.5,  0 ,     0 ,  0.000001)

I have already run this function and obtained the results, it was rather
long process, therefore I don't want to rerun it.

I was not given any warnings.
How did the interpreter treat this?
Will the result change, if I change the variable from "c" to, say, "c." ?
This variable is not used anywhere else in the function.