[R] R on a flash drive

Williams Scott Scott.Williams at petermac.org
Wed Aug 22 03:49:28 CEST 2007

I often run R via a Ceedo virtualisation on a USB drive
(http://www.ceedo.com/) with XP. It costs a few dollars to it this way,
but is a very low stress installation and has worked flawlessly, albeit
a little slower (barely noticeable). Very handy if you are often working
on various machines without administrator rights (as I do in clinic) -
just plug in your USB and go directly back to your project. It then
removes any trace of you (so they say) when you log out. And you can use
it for other software (within limits though) you might want to carry
around.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Scott Williams MD