[R] plotting lda results

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 19:57:07 CEST 2007

Read ?plot.lda, which tells you the ... arguments are (for dimen=1, the
only option for two groups) passed to ldahist, so then read its help page.

I don't know what you want (and your example is not reproducible): I would
expect you to get a single plot with two panels (figures), but there are
options to have a single panel.  (Reading 'An Introduction to R' may help
you to use standard terminology that others will be able to follow.)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Silvia Lomascolo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to plot the results of a discriminant analysis done with
> lda(MASS) but my groups appear in two different plots (in the same graphics
> device) and I want to combine them in one plot. My code looks like:
>
> BirdTrain.lda <- lda(Bdisperser~., data=BirdTrain.mx)
> predict(BirdTrain.lda)
> plot(BirdTrain.lda)
>
> I have two types of Bdisperser, so I only get one linear discriminant
> function. Can anyone please tell me how to combine the data in one plot?
>
> I work with R 2.4.1 using Windows.

But the version of MASS is what is relevant, and it would have been in
the sessionInfo() output the R posting guide asked you for.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk