[R] R "old versions" archive anywhere?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 23 21:52:27 CEST 2007

On 23 August 2007 at 19:37, (Ted Harding) wrote:
| Does anyone know if (apparently not on CRAN) there is
| any archive of older versions of R packages?

See

	$CRAN/src/contrib/Archive/

which has further subdirectories A to Z each of which contain all known
versions of all packages starting with that letter.

BTW, I used these file listing (directly parsed from R via a call to 'links
-dump' and a trivial awk filter) to construct a rough `CRAN growth curve' to
motivate my talk at UseR! about our efforts of turning all of CRAN and BioC
into .deb packages.

Dirk