[R] outdated R and package dependencies; was: R Help

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Aug 28 12:05:08 CEST 2007

Ola Asteman wrote:

> I got the Warning message below when I tried to load Locfit. What is wrong?

Please read the posting guide which suggests to use a sensible subject line.

> Regards
> Ola Asteman

> R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

It makes sense to upgrade to a recent version of R.

> Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> ISBN 3-900051-07-0
>
> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>
> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>
> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>
>> library(foreign)
>> library(mgcv)
> This is mgcv 1.3-19
>> library(locfit)

How was locfit installed?

   install.packages("locfit", dependencies = TRUE)

should also install the package's dependencies - and you have not all
installed, among them "akima".

Uwe Ligges