[R] Rmpi and x86

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 28 17:04:08 CEST 2007

Hi Edna --

I have Rmpi 0.5-3 under R 2.5.1 with LAM 7.1.2 installed on an x86_64
SuSE 10.0.

I installed (as a regular user, to my own disc space) LAM and ran
through some basic checks (lamboot / lamhalt, checking that I could
compile the demo programs)

After downloading Rmpi_0.5.3.tar.gz, I did

CC=mpicc R CMD INSTALL --clean Rmpi_0.5.3.tar.gz

the configure script of Rmpi found libmpi and liblam in my LAMHOME,
and also -lutil and -lpthread. Source files compiled without any
issues, and the package installed. If I have not issued a lamboot
command, inside R,

> library(Rmpi)

loads the library and indicates that it is starting lam. If I have
already issued lamboot, then library(Rmpi) loads as expected.

Where do things go wrong for you?

Martin

"Edna Bell" <edna.bell01 at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear R Gurus:
>
> Is there a problem with Rmpi on x86 with SUSE 10.1, please?
>
> I've tried everything and it still won't load.
>
> Has anyone else dealt with this please?
>
> Thanks,
> Edna Bell

Martin Morgan