[R] The l1ce function in lasso2: The bound and absolute.tparameters.

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed Aug 29 16:54:19 CEST 2007

This is my understanding of what is happening.

1. Standardize all the x variables to have mean 0 and variance 1 (possibly y as well).
2. Compute the unconstrained least squares regression.
3. Sum the abs values of the b's.

That sum is the scaling factor.  A bound of 1 means the sum above (and any bound greater than that will just give the same unconstrained results).  A bound of 0.5 means half of the sum above, etc.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center