[R] Data simulation with R

Matiou pierrejeanpierre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:25:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am currently on a placement here at GSK for my studies, and I'm working on
Heckman Models. I have to make simulations, in order to see whether these
models are efficient or not.

 I have to generate a dataset under the following constraints:

- outcome is 0 or 1
- one control group, one treatment group, there must be no treatment effect
- generate one continuous variable and one binary variable which are both
perfectly correlated to treatment, but not correlated to outcome
- generate one continuous variable and one binary variable which are both
perfectly correlated to outcome, but not correlated to treatment
- generate one continuous variable and one binary variable which are both
perfectly correlated to both treatment and outcome

Problem is, it's my first time generating data, so I'm having quite a hard
time... I usually use SAS, but I didn't manage to generate data using it.
Some people told me it's quite easy to do with R, but I'm not really used to
this program. Is it really possible to simulate this kind of data with R ?
If it is, can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.