[R] piecewise linear approximation

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 30 14:18:04 CEST 2007

If you want to minimize absolute error for this, then you can
try the rqss fitting in the quantreg package and tune lambda
to get one break in the fitted function.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820