[R] How to mask or escape "=" in Windows command prompt?

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:18:04 CEST 2007

I have defined a function with several arguments and have it stored in the
.RData file.

The 'function head' is defined as follows
EstimALIConc
<-function(sdname,SZ,W,farea,watri,biomodel,start.part=1,nparts=20,method=c("optim","DEoptim"))
{
  [ blah-blah-blah ]
  (function body doesn't matter)
}

Then I call Rscript:

e:> rscript --restore -e
"EstimALIConc('17-aug',27.8,5,1,watri,biomodel,1,100,method='DEoptim');warnings();"
1>17-aug-log.txt 2>17-aug.err

and get the error in the 17-aug.err:
Error in -args : invalid argument to unary operator
Execution halted

If I remove "method=" from the function call, then everything works fine,
and function executes.

e:> rscript --restore -e
"EstimALIConc('17-aug',27.8,5,1,watri,biomodel,1,100,'DEoptim');warnings();"
1>17-aug-log.txt 2>17-aug.err

The problem seems to be that the equality sign acts as a separator.
How to avoid this?
This would allow skiping of the default arguments, for example start.part