[R] Automatic anchors for text boxes

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Aug 31 18:59:33 CEST 2007

A couple of things that may help:

1. you can create your boxplots by using boxplot with plot=FALSE, then
plotting that info using the bxp function.  The bxp function returns the
locations of the boxes as part of the output which could then be used
for placing labels or refrence lines.

2. The cnvrt.coords function in the TeachingDemos package will convert
between the different coordinate systems, so for instance if you want a
text box to be 80% of the way from the bottom to the top of the plot
region, you could convert the y coordinate of 0.8 from plot coordinates
to user coordinates and give the resulting value to the text function.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center