[R] Excel

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 23:55:24 CEST 2007

[Apologies if you sometime get this twice. The first mailing
 has not been delivered to the list after more than 10 hours]

On 31-Aug-07 10:38:07, Jim Lemon wrote:
> Rolf Turner wrote:
>> On 31/08/2007, at 9:10 AM, Antony Unwin wrote:
>>

>>>Erich's more important point
>>>is that you need to speak the language of the people you cooperate
>>>with and often that language includes Excel.
>>

>> So if the people you have to deal with are into astrology you should
>> learn astrology?
>>
> Yes, Rolf, if you want them to understand you. I once wrote a very
> successful parody of those astrology character profiles simply by
> borrowing an acquaintance's book and making dreadfully irreverent use
> of it.
>
> Jim

Now that you mention that, Jim, I feel a POMO coming on.

  if( ! you.know.what.i.mean() ){
      browseURL("http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo")
    } else {
      stop("You know what I mean!")
  }

The structural features of horoscope and astrology texts would
readily lend themselves to implementation in such an engine.

Mind you, from my occasional browsings of these texts, I suspect
it has already been done and is widely used.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 31-Aug-07                                       Time: 22:54:32