[R] Spellchecking Sweave documents

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Dec 1 20:24:28 CET 2007

On 01/12/2007 11:11 AM, Michael Hoffman wrote:
> I have been using Aspell on a Linux system, but it doesn't
> understand the noweb chunks, which I'd rather it not spellcheck. I
> can run it on the generated .tex files, but then changes I make
> during the spellcheck will not be propagated back to the original
> source. Any suggestions on how to spellcheck Sweave documents?

If you want the concordance between the lines in the original file and
those in the .tex file, you can get it (with the concordance=TRUE Sweave
option).  Then it would be theoretically possible to convert reports
about errors in the .tex into reports about the .Rnw.  I don't know if
Aspell provides information in a form where you could actually make use
of this, but if so, it might be a nice contribution to do so.

(For sample code decoding the concordance, see my patchDVI package:  it
converts source links in .dvi files to point to the .Rnw instead of the
.tex file.)

Duncan Murdoch