[R] comparison of two vectors

Daniel Stepputtis r at stepputtis.net
Tue Dec 4 10:47:06 CET 2007

Dear Ben,
I was searching for the same problem. Thank you very much, it helped me a lot and I will use it quite often!

In addition to the problem given by tintin_et_milou. I have to compare a two pairs of vectors.

I.e. I have two datasets each with latitude and longitude (which defines the geographical position of data points.)
As you might imagine, it is meaningful to take into account both latitude and longitude, when searching for the nearest data point from the otehr dataset.

Do you have any idea how to do this efficiently (actually I used loops ;-( ?
Best regards
Daniel