[R] Using expression in Hmisc Key()

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Dec 6 08:17:38 CET 2007

Michael Kubovy <kubovy <at> virginia.edu> writes:

> Dear r-helpers,
>
> How do I tell xYplot() and Key() that I want the labels in italic?

> Key(x = 0.667, y = 0.833, other = list(title = expression(italic(v)),
> cex.title = 1,
> 	labels = c(expression(italic(b)), expression(italic(c)),
> expression(italic(d)))))
> dev.off()

Michael,

I have submit a similar case last week to the Bug tracker. Maybe you can raise
that "enhancement request" to "defect"

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/trac/Hmisc/ticket/21

Dieter

The Key function generated by some plot commands should have a ... parameter.
Otherwise, the ... in rlegend is useless, and it would be nice to be able to
suppress the box, for example.

Key = function (x = NULL, y = NULL, lev = c("No Fail", "Fail"), pch = c(16, 1))
{ .. part omitted

    rlegend(x, y, legend = lev, pch = pch, ...) invisible()

}