[R] Building package - tab delimited example data issue

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Dec 6 11:18:24 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate example data in the shape of a tab delimited ASCII
file into my package and therefore dropped it into the data subdirectory.
The build works out just fine, but when I attempt to install I get:

** building package indices ...
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines,
na.strings,  :
  line 1 did not have 500 elements
Calls: <Anonymous> ... <Anonymous> -> switch -> assign -> read.table -> scan
Execution halted
ERROR: installing package indices failed
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/MaxQuantUtils'
** Restoring previous '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/MaxQuantUtils'

Accordingly the check delivers:

* checking whether package 'MaxQuantUtils' can be installed ... ERROR

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? build/install witout the ASCII file
works just fine.

Joh