[R] Bootstrap Correlation Coefficient with Moving Block Bootstrap

Tim Hesterberg timh at insightful.com
Thu Dec 6 18:08:20 CET 2007

It sounds like you should sample x and y together using the
block bootstrap.  If you have the usual situation, x and y in columns
and observations in rows, then sample blocks of rows.

Even though observations in y are independent, you would take
advantage of that only for bootstrapping statistics that depend only
on y.

The answer to your second question is the same as the first - sample
blocks of observations, keeping x and y together.

Tim Hesterberg