[R] R help mailing system configuration change?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:36:20 CET 2007

On 12/6/07, 정 태훈 <hoontaechung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all;
>
> I got a reply for my previous several postings saying that I was
> spamming the r-help mailing list.
> I am very sorry to all subscribers if I did that.
> But I've been reposting my message to the mailing list several times
> because I didn't know whether my help post was actually posted or not.
> I remember from my previous experiences that, when I post a message, I
> can see my own posting myself.
> But this time, I didn't see my own message so I thought my message got
> dropped for some reasons.

Perhaps you have recently switched to gmail?  It's a "feature" of
gmail that you won't see your mails to a mailing list until someone
replies to them.  (I think this is because gmail only stores one copy
of the message, and that message appears only in your sent mail until
it gets a reply).

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/