[R] Using R function in Excel

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 07:49:21 CET 2007

John Sorkin wrote:
> Does anyone know a way that an function written in R can be called within a cell of an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to use the R function much as I use the native Excel functions, e.g. instead of using the excel function sum, =sum(A2,A6), I would like to use the function mysum written in R, e.g. =mysum(A2,A6).
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
> Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
> University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
> Baltimore VA Medical Center
> 10 North Greene Street
> GRECC (BT/18/GR)
> Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
> (Phone) 410-605-7119
> (Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)
>
> Confidentiality Statement:
> This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}

Take a look at
R/Scilab (D)COM Server V2.50 and RExcel V1.75 found at
http://cran.r-project.org/other-software.html

I have experimented with it for non R users to run basic R functions or
custom models.  I like theI did find a problem with the VBA math
function calls in the xla file on the computer that I was using.  I just
added VBA. to all the left, mid, etc functions.

I can provide my modified .xla file if you wanted it.

Happy Holidays
Joe