[R] How to extract numbers from ANOVA tables?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 8 11:10:33 CET 2007

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Brinkmann, Lars wrote:

> I need to extract numbers (eg. estimates, standard errors etc.)
> summarized in an ANOVA table or summary() table for further
> calculations. Can somebody help me or refer me to the needed resource on
> the web?

The Value section of the relevant help page tells you how the values are
stored.  If you need more details, reading the appropriate print() method
will show you where the printed numbers come from (and occasionally they
are computed in the print method).

For e.g. lm or glm fits coeF(summary(fit)) will extract the
coefficients matrix.

Had you given an example of what you wanted to extract we could have given
you an example of how to do it.