[R] How to prevent fix() from converting Dates into numeric

Christian Gold christian.gold at grieg.uib.no
Sat Dec 8 11:33:46 CET 2007

Thanks. So there is no solution, other than avoiding fix() and edit()?
What would then be the recommended way to make visible and inspect large
data.frames (i.e. that are to big for sensibly displaying on the
console)? Would I need to write the data to a file and open in a
spreadsheet programme?

Christian