[R] Oriented object programming

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Dec 9 18:40:45 CET 2007

On 09/12/2007 12:21 PM, Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Two questions:
>  - I would like to learn more on oriented object programming with R. Is
> there any tutorial for that?

The usual reference is the book

  _Programming with Data_ (John M. Chambers, Springer, 1998)

I don't know of an online tutorial, but I wouldn't be surprised if one
exists somewhere.

> -  Without waking up a troll, I am not very familiar with diffusion
> list, I am more use to forum. On a diffusion list, how can I check if
> someone already asks a question? I mean, I went on CRAN-R website, I
> find the R mailing list archive. But is there a way to search some key
> word like "object programming"?

Within R, RSiteSearch("object programming") will search a collection of
documentation and mailing list archives.  (You can narrow the search on
the results page, or by using some of the optional args to RSiteSearch.)

Duncan Murdoch