[R] adding group totals to a table

Anders Schwartz Corr corr at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 10 11:02:38 CET 2007

Hi Chris, This is a very rough first conceptual program you could use --
double check all the syntax as I know it won't work at first go. It's
untested but can be jiggered to work! Good luck! Anders

Use unique() to get your unique combinations, then loop or vectorize
through each unique combination to count the combos.

unique(data)->x
thirdcol<-NULL
for(i in 1:dim(data)[1]){
 	for(k in 1:dim(x)[1]{
 	thirdcol<-cbind(thirdcol,dim(data[data[i,] %in% x[k,]])[1])
}}

newdata<-cbind(data,thirdcol)