[R] Tutorial for Basic Stats

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Dec 10 14:35:15 CET 2007

Gustaf Rydevik wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 5:43 AM, Kapoor, Bharat <k at chicagogsb.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks in advance - am looking for  a Tutorial for doing basic stats. I have already looked/looking at the R-intro.pdf at the R site.
>>
>> Regards
>> BK
>>
>>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>>

> google "introductory statistics R", and you'll find a nice pdf by J. Verzani.

...as well as other references ;-)

Seriously, it all depends on what you consider "basic stats".
(Especially the level of math prerequisites varies widely among new R
users.)

You might also want to check out the lists at

http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html
http://www.r-project.org/other-docs.html

(I kind of like the short document by Owen, but it  does assume that
you are not scared by a few sums and integrals.)