[R] book on regular expressions

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:02:27 CET 2007

> Could someone recommend a good book on regular expressions with focus on
> applications/use as it might relate to R.  I remember there was a mention of
> such a reference book recently, but I could not locate that message on the
> archive.

Mastering regular expressions by Jeffrey Friedl
(http://books.google.com/books?q=editions%3AISBN0596528124) is the
classic reference.  Although it doesn't cover R explicitly, R does
support perl compatible regular expressions which are discussed in the
book.  Regardless, most of the topics are general enough not to depend
tightly on the specific regexp engine.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/