[R] RJDBC to OpenOffice Calc as RODBC to MS Excel

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:19:24 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 8:28 AM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at comcast.net> wrote:

> Bearing in mind that OO.org's Write and Calc documents are just 'zipped'
> XML files, it would be possible to parse the data stored within such
> documents. I suspect Max Kuhn has spent much time on this for odfWeave.

I haven't played much with Calc, but it if the Calc file has formulas
or anything other than raw data, this would probably be a mess to
parse.

The first thing that I would try is to use command line tools (like
ooconvert or jodconverter) to convert the file to csv and then read it
in. These tools were written for Write documents, but they may also be
good at converting other types of od* documents.

Good luck,

Max