[R] RMySQL installation problem

Knut Krueger rh at family-krueger.com
Sat Dec 15 08:39:26 CET 2007

Prof Brian Ripley schrieb:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Tao Shi wrote:
>
> The 'specified module' was specified in the popup!  (Windows' users should
> be used to the arcaneness of the error messages.)
>
> Assuming you actually have MySQL installed, you need to make sure
> libmysql.dll is on the PATH.  It's in the mysql\bin directory, so
> installing MySQL would normally put it on the PATH.

I tried to install the package too, and I can confirm that there is the
same error.
the ...\library\mysql\libs is in the path
I copied an executable file into the directory named test123.exe
and used Start-> execute test123.exe
The program was executed

controll test:
I deleted the exeutable file
and used Start-> execute test123.exe  again
result
file not found.

so the path is ok but it isn't working

Did I miss something else?