[R] accessing dimension names

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Dec 18 14:54:56 CET 2007

Hard to help as i do not have "y" and it definitelly is not a matrix as
you tried to pretend.

1.      Try to look at structure of your y object by str(y)
2.      Try to learn about how to extract parts of objects e.g. by reading
?"["
3.      Try to use what you learned on your y object
4.      If you still does not get what you want then make some example
which can be reproduced and ask again

> mat<-matrix(rnorm(12),3,4)
> dmat<-data.frame(mat)
> dimnames(dmat)