[R] ggplot2 - getting at the grobs

Pedro de Barros pbarros at ualg.pt
Tue Dec 18 15:41:34 CET 2007

Dear All,

I continue trying to get several of my plotting functions to use
ggplot, because I really do like the concept of the graphical
objects, and working with them in the abstract.
I am now trying to access the grobs to manipulate using grid.
However, until now all I managed was to get the plot as a gTree
object, and manipulate it as a gTree from there. The problem is that
then it is no longer a ggplot, and thus I can no longer use the
ggplot functions.
How to get at the grobs, without converting the ggplot into a gTree?

Thanks,
Pedro