[R] clim.pact package ncdf dependency/ netcdf.h

Sam McClatchie Sam.McClatchie at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 19 23:48:15 CET 2007

System:
Linux kernel 2.6.22-14
Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy
ESS 5.3.0 on Emacs 22.1.1
R version 2.6.0

Colleagues

I would like to use the user contributed package "clim.pact". I'm having
trouble with the dependency of "clim.pact" on "ncdf". Like others I am
finding that R CMD INSTALL does not find the netcdf.h file, even when
the directory (/usr/local/include) holding the netcdf.h file is passed to
R CMD.

Unless I misunderstood one of the postings there was an error
related to this problem on the OSX
build of the ncdf package
<http://osdir.com/ml/lang.r.mac/2006-09/msg00012.html>.

I've install the obvious netcdf packages and
dependencies on ubuntu and the ncdump works fine.

Has anyone solved this problem on linux?

Best fishes

Sam
--
Sam McClatchie,