[R] Plotting multiple jpegs on a plot?

jchernev jchernev at ntag.com
Fri Dec 21 16:14:56 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a set of data which I currently represent graphically on a plot. To
do that, I use the embedded functions from the graphics package (symbols,
rect, etc.) However, I would like to use static jpeg images to represent the
data if possible. Here's my progress so far:

1. Used the rimage library to obtain the read.jpeg func.
2. Read in my jpeg image and assigned it to a variable.
3. I can plot the image itself if i just do plot(image). However, I have no
idea on how to plot a lot of images at the same time.
4. I've tried the subplot func, but it says that my margins are too small
(My jpeg is 40x40 rgb). The maximum margin that I've been able to create was
20. However, this does not help the cause, because I want to add images to
the plot itself, instead to the plot's margins.

Has someone wrestled this one before? If yes, can you please explain how?

Thanks!