[R] mle

Antonio Gasparrini Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk
Sat Dec 22 03:14:15 CET 2007

Dear all,

I'm trying to estimate the parameters of a special case of a poisson
model, where the specified equation has an integral and several fixed
parameters.
I think that the MLE command in STATS4 package could be a good choice,
but it's a little complicated. I've got some problems with the offset
and I don't understand some of the functions. Do you know where can I
find some explicit tutorial about a poisson regression with MLE and/or
about maximum likelihood estimation with R?

Best wishes

Antonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit (PEHRU)
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Office: 0044 (0)20 79272406
Mobile: 0044 (0)79 64925523
www.lshtm.ac.uk/pehru/