[R] expand.grid function

Satoshi Takahama brown_emu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 10:46:12 CET 2007

Hi Derek,

I love this function as well. If 'mat' is your matrix,
> (mat <- matrix(1:15,ncol=3))
     [,1] [,2] [,3]
[1,]    1    6   11
[2,]    2    7   12
[3,]    3    8   13
[4,]    4    9   14
[5,]    5   10   15

how about
> expandedDF <- do.call(`expand.grid`,as.data.frame(mat))
> head(expandedDF)
  V1 V2 V3
1  1  6 11
2  2  6 11
3  3  6 11
4  4  6 11
5  5  6 11
6  1  7 11
[...]

(the function name can be in backticks, single or double quotes, or passed with no quotes). Hope this helps,

ST