[R] Removing duplicate packages...

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.ns.ac.yu
Wed Dec 26 09:08:20 CET 2007

Hello!
I am using R version 2.6.1, under Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake). Recently I
have realized that I have, in some cases, two or even three instances of
the same package; for example: cluster, foreign etc. Typically, two
instances occur in one of the three location:
"/usr/local/lib/R/site-library", "/usr/lib/R/site-library", or
"/usr/lib/R/library", and the third is, I suppose, part of the core system.
I would really like to clean up my system, but the question is how to do
that. Can anyone help me, please?

Sincerely,
PM