[R] Trying to install rjags on Mac OS X 10.5

Rob Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sun Dec 30 22:54:54 CET 2007

Hi Lindsay,

Did have some difficulties as well, but got it to work using Xcode3.0,
Apple's gcc4.2preview release and gfortran 4.2.1 from Simon's web
site. This was on R-devel though, on a Mac Intel.

Can it find the jags executable say from your home directory? Have you
tried 'make check' in the classic-bugs/vol1 or vol2 example dirs (in
the Terminal)? That would indeed confirm jags is running fine.

For rjags, I am a bit worried about the /opt/... . Did you at some
point install software from Fink or Darwin ports? Until I installed
the above newer toolset, I had never been able to get rjags to work.

Of course you don't really need rjags, only coda. I have also
installed the package 'arm' and the packages arm depends on (Matrix,
lattice, lme4, R2WinBugs). If it would help I can send you a
'template' dir for the line example that does not use rjags.

A dependency I ran into was coda v 13.1, as of a couple of days ago
not available as a binary package,
but available as a source package on CRAN.

Rob