[R] Survival analysis with no events in one treatment group

John Field JohnField at ozemail.com.au
Mon Dec 31 04:14:15 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, it may have been clearer if I had used
"subjects" instead of "patients".  The treatments
were administered to all subjects, and then in
the succeeding 12 months, some were hospitalised
and some were not.  Hence only about 25% of the subjects were hospitalised.

The start of the data:
subj    time1   time2   event Treat
1       0       6.2     1       A
1       6.2     12      0       A
2       0       12      0       A

so subject 1 was hospitalised at 6.2 months, subject 2 not at all.

Hope this makes it clearer.
Regards,
John