[R] memory-efficient column aggregation of a sparse matrix

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 1 14:30:48 CET 2007

Doug is right, I think, that this would be easier with full indexing
using the  matrix.coo classe, if you want to use SparseM.  But
then the tapply seems to be the way to go.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820