[R] R for bioinformatics

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 20:16:57 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 10:45 -0800, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Benoit Ballester <benoit at ebi.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if someone could tell me more about this book, (if it's
> > a good or bad one).
> > I can't find it, as it seems that O'Reilly doesn't publish any more.
>
> I've never seen a copy so I can't comment about its quality (has
> anyone seen a copy?).
>
> You might want to take a look at _Bioinformatics and Computational
> Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor_.
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/pub/docs/mogr/

I'll stand (or sit) to be corrected on this as I cannot find the source,
but I have a recollection from seeing something quite some time ago that
the book may have never been published.

It is no longer listed on Amazon.com (USA), but here is a listing on UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/R-Bioinformatics-Kimberley-Seefeld/dp/059600544X

I located a posting from Kim Seefeld (one of the authors) on a usenet
group from back in 2003. Her e-mail then was listed as:

  kseefeld1 at aol.com

You might want to drop her a line if the e-mail is still valid.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz