[R] RSiteSearch() etc. - speed improvement

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 2 00:34:19 CET 2007

My R search page at http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/
which is also what you get with RSiteSearch()
has been slowing down the last few months (years?).

I thought this was because the archives were just getting too big.
But I discovered a simple fix.  The technical term for the problem is
"garbage."  By cleaning up the garbage, I increased the speed to the
point where now most searches - even those with three search terms -
are instantaneous.

Thus, it is probably good for a few more years, before I have to think
about a different search engine or a faster computer (which I should get
anyway).

If you have given up on it because of its slow response, do try again.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron