[R] R for bioinformatics

Benoit Ballester benoit at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 10:31:15 CET 2007

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:32 +0100, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>> Marc Schwartz wrote:

>>> I'll stand (or sit) to be corrected on this as I cannot find the source,
>>> but I have a recollection from seeing something quite some time ago that
>>> the book may have never been published.
>>>
>> It's been a while since the status was something along the lines that
>> "the authors may or may not complete it". Subject matter moving faster
>> than pen, I suspect....
>
> Peter, that wording does seem familiar, just cannot recall where I saw
> it. Perhaps on the O'Reilly web site, where it is no longer listed.
>
> For confirmation, I called O'Reilly's customer service in Cambridge, MA.
> They confirm that the book was indeed cancelled and never published.
>
> No reasons were given.

Thanks for those replies.
I did also contacted the O'reilly offices in UK, and they told me the
same thing.  The book was never published. I just wanted to compare the
"R for bioinformatics" with the "Bioinformatics and Computational
Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor", and see which one suit me
more - But guess I don't have the choice now :-)

Ben

--
Benoit Ballester
Ensembl Team